- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- UltraLight Series
These kits are constructed of 6mm DepronAero, which is about 1/3 less weight compared to Depron. The Aero allows the build to come in under 10 ounces.
38in. UltraLight Series Specs-
• AUW 7.5 ounces w/ 2S-350mAh Lipoly
• Constructed of 6mm White Depron AERO
• Flat Carbon main spar
• The setup uses a single aileron servo with an offset G-10 control horn, EZ-Connectors and carbon pushrods.
• The rudder/elevator is a pull-pull setup including G-10 horns and Dacron line w/cable tensioning.
• Lightweight landing gear
Suggested power system & electronics-
• Dynamo 2205-1400 motor & 8 amp controller
• 8×6 GWS SF prop
• 2S 350-450 mAh for indoor & 3S 450-600mAh for outdoor flying
• 3- servos (6 gram – 9 gram)
• 4 channel RX
To get these air-frames to balance, you need to mount all electronics forward of the CG and mostly within a few inches from the firewall. This setup is identical to our Indoor “Pro” kits and most competition F3P indoor foamies. The foamie builds flat on the deck, flipping it over then mounting the servos and aileron pushrods prior to installing the turtledeck and rudder assembly.
|Wing Span:||984mm (38.76″)|
|Wing Area:||345 sq in|
|Flying Weight:||8.5-10.0 oz|
|Radio:||Sub-Micro servos and micro receiver|
|Battery:||3S 420mAh – 3S 600mAh|
|Motor:||DP- 2208 1400kv|
|Controller:||12 Amp Speed Control|
- Pre-cut 6mm DepronAero
- Vinyl Graphics (colors may vary between kits)
- Instruction Manual
- Pull-Pull System & Control Horns
- Carbon Landing Gear and Wheels
- Carbon Pushrods and Supports
- E-Z connectors
- Battery Strap
|Dimensions||30 x 12 x 2 in|
[restrict level="Customer"] 38in. Ultralight Manual [/restrict]
- We took our proven designs from the DW 38in lineup and created a new series which we are calling our 38in UltraLight kits. First off the production line is our 38in. Edge, mostly because this airframe already likes to be flown slowly and without wing rock. This lightweight airframe lends itself to an indoor style foamie and also does very well outdoors. With the AUW coming in at almost one-half the weight of our standard Depron 38in kits, this creates a lightweight indoor/outdoor foamie that is a blast to fly. By the time you read this we’ll have our 38in Juka and Extra 330SC ready for delivery.
- If you are flying any of the Twisted Hobbys or WM Parkflyer EPP foamies, your setup will work with any of our UltraLight kits. You will gain 20% more wing area, lowering your wing loading and giving you a new experience in flying lightweight foamies. The Depron Aero is a bit softer and less brittle than Depron, with this light airframe you will be impressed with how well the UltraLights hold up.
- To get these airframes to balance, you need to mount all electronics forward of the CG and mostly within a few inches from the firewall. This setup is identical to our Indoor “Pro” kits and most competition F3P indoor foamies. The foamie builds flat on the deck, flipping it over then mounting the servos and aileron pushrods prior to installing the turtledeck and rudder assembly.